wviewweather.com Forum Index wviewweather.com
wview and Weather Topics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Search found 9 matches
wviewweather.com Forum Index
  Topic: BAD Archive Records
AirBourn

Replies: 14
Views: 1743

PostForum: Troubleshooting   Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 7:08 pm   Subject: BAD Archive Records
Brett at Davis had this to say about negative values for the CRC field, and large increases in CRC errors:

The "negative" values come because while the number on the console is an
unsi ...
AirBourn

PostForum: Troubleshooting   Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 1:47 pm   Subject: BAD Archive Records
Davis had this to say:

RXCHECK is the same on the Envoy. The last field is the CRC error count. 7FFF is no data or a bad sensor. Basically no temp info.

I asked further about negative values a ...
AirBourn

PostForum: Troubleshooting   Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:10 am   Subject: BAD Archive Records
The only thing Davis had to say was to suggest that there's some 900MHz interference in the area. Doesn't sound all that plausible to me. I occasionally see bad archive records for hours and hours, ...
AirBourn

PostForum: Troubleshooting   Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:18 pm   Subject: BAD Archive Records
Well, still no word from Davis. Also, another observation. As strange as it seems, the wind has been calm here most of the day, and I've received nothing but bad archive records for the last 5 hours ...
AirBourn

PostForum: Troubleshooting   Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:15 pm   Subject: BAD Archive Records
Yep, concerns me too. Doesn't make much sense. I sent a note to Davis support - we'll see if they get back to me. Do you think it's possible that the RXCHECK fields have a slightly different defini ...
AirBourn

PostForum: Troubleshooting   Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:39 am   Subject: BAD Archive Records
Stuffed some debug messages into vpinterface-be.c to look at how the packet receive percentages are calculated. Here's a result chunk that shows one of the poor spikes. There are three calculations ...
AirBourn

PostForum: Troubleshooting   Posted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 6:31 pm   Subject: BAD Archive Records
Yeah, I'm familiar with RF and the usable percentage values - "Unusable" was a poor choice of words, sorry. Just pointing out that the reception spikes don't appear to be the cause of the bad archive ...
AirBourn

PostForum: Troubleshooting   Posted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 12:44 pm   Subject: BAD Archive Records
Yep, I'm familiar with the rxcheck graph, and first turned to that to begin to address the problem. What I find there is a very distinct pattern of good reception (90%+)followed by a spike of poor re ...
AirBourn

PostForum: Troubleshooting   Posted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 12:30 pm   Subject: BAD Archive Records
Wview 1.9.1, SLAB_USBtoUART driver on MacOS 10.3.9 talking to USB Weather Envoy, listening to VP signal off the Davis wireless repeater. Works well for long periods of time, and then get sporadic per ...

Page 1 of 1