wviewweather.com Forum Index wviewweather.com
wview and Weather Topics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Odd error from FTP

View previous topic :: View next topic  
THogland

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 3:24 pm    Post subject: Odd error from FTP Reply with quote

While running I get a whole series of these errors on the console:

'EPRT |1|192.168.127.10|33450|': command not understood.

This is uploading to pafc.arh.noaa.gov (aka mesonet), and happens about every 10 minutes (same as the upload interval). When set up to upload the file to myself (Debian 3.1 and vsftp) there's no error. Everything works correctly (confirmed with NOAA), so it's informational, apparently, and there's no messages or errors in the log. The other end is running HP/UX, and 192.168.127.10 is the server's IP...

Any idea where this would come from, or how I can tweak the ftp daemon to get rid of it?
mhweather

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its an IPv6 extension of the FTP PORT command. Not all servers will understand the command, but it doesn't cause any harm. The FTP program used by wview issues this first, and then is its not understood it will issue the standard PORT command.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    wviewweather.com Forum Index -> FTP All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: