wviewweather.com Forum Index wviewweather.com
wview and Weather Topics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ability to send data to weatherforyou.com/HAMweather

View previous topic :: View next topic  
weatherforyou

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 5:42 pm    Post subject: Ability to send data to weatherforyou.com/HAMweather Reply with quote

weatherforyou.com has been supporting personal weather stations since 1999, and has had the ability to display live data from weather stations since February of 2001. By having Wview send data to the weatherforyou.com/HAMweather Personal Weather Station Program you'll...

- have your data displayed as the primary current conditions with local forecasts on weatherforyou.com

- be able to display your data on your own HAMweather installation

- have access to the HAMweather METAR mirror for faster download of data from METAR stations

- be able to utilize your data with custom images from weatherforyou.com and new products coming out in the next few months, like HWaudio.

- Have Wview listed among the supported software on weatherforyou.com

Sending data to weatherforyou.com/HAMweather is very similar to other existing services, just an HTTP string with the data embedded.

If there's interest I'll be glad to provide the format to Wview's author(s) and work with them for a successful data transfer.
mteel

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, the more the merrier!

I hope you are not planning anything like this "Rapid Fire" service Wunderground has implemented. Several of us have experienced connection issues using the normal wunderground service since that brilliant idea was put into effect. Does anyone ever "do the math" when contemplating things like this?

wview uses libcurl to send http requests to wunderground, I'm sure a similar approach would work for your service.

Please do send your particulars on URL format and anything else I need to know and we'll try to get it into wview in the next month or two...

Thanks for your interest,
Mark
Post new topic   Reply to topic    wviewweather.com Forum Index -> Wish List All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: