wviewweather.com Forum Index wviewweather.com
wview and Weather Topics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

USB Hangs?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
richc

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:53 pm    Post subject: USB Hangs? Reply with quote

Greetings to all.

I have a Vantage Pro 2 station currently running on Windows, with the USB verion of Weatherlink.

As you may know, there are issues with the USB to serial port emulator hanging occasionally. Sometimes it is necessary to simply restart the Weatherlink program; sometimes the console must be unplugged and replugged, and sometimes, the entire computer must be restarted.

Has anyone heard of or reported any of these issues with wview and Linux? I believe the problem is in the serial port emulator software from Silicon Laboratories. How is the Linux driver? If it's solid, I will try wview before trading my USB version of Weatherlink for the serial version.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Rich C.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    wviewweather.com Forum Index -> HW Problems All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: