wviewweather.com Forum Index wviewweather.com
wview and Weather Topics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rain dial graphic not showing same value as NOAA/html tag

Post new topic   Reply to topic    wviewweather.com Forum Index -> Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mhweather

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:11 pm    Post subject: Rain dial graphic not showing same value as NOAA/html tag Reply with quote

I noticed that my yearly rain dial number doesn't match whats in the NOAA report or on the HTML tag you provide. I went to some other wview users sites and see similar things, but the folks running 1.7.7 seem OK. Your site is even showing negative values.

http://home.comcast.net/~mullicahillweather/img/index.html
mteel

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of your archive records must have non-zero values for ET. I noticed that about a month ago... Better yet, you could reset your Yearly ET on the VP console and probably clear it up. I bet it shows a non-zero value now if you punch it up on the console.

My site and the others you mention are absolutely accurate. The Precipitation dials (not rain for a reason) are the result of subtracting the ET value from the rainfall value for that given timeframe. In fact, I consulted your friend Gary (who did your home page template) prior to implementing this asking him if he thought it was a good idea (he did). It is something I wanted to implement for a long time. ET, after all, is a measurement of evaporated moisture - a negative rainfall if you will. The "Precip" dials represent the net moisture for a given time frame.

If a person doesn't have the radiation sensor installed as part of their sensor suite, the "Precip" should equal "Rainfall", and it does on every wview site except yours Wink

Mark
mhweather

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like more hex editor fun Very Happy , do you do that calculation from individual archive records or from the summary records in the archive ? I narrowed it down to the Jun 05 data, thats when I had my ISS SIM board failure for 2wks and I had to go back and "fix" those records with my own manual recorded observations.
mteel

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, LOOP data is used to display those Precip dial values. So, if you use the VP console setup utility (on the console) you can set your year-to-date ET value to "0.00" and you should be set. The archive record data would only effect any ET chart you might generate, but since you don't have the radiation sensor, you won't be generating any ET charts.

You don't even need to restart wview to fix it on the VP console...

Mark
mhweather

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy - There was a value on the yearly ET, cleared it out and we are good to go! Wonder how it got there ?? Thanks for the help!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    wviewweather.com Forum Index -> Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: