wviewweather.com Forum Index wviewweather.com
wview and Weather Topics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WXT-510: support of wview with datalogger interface

Post new topic   Reply to topic    wviewweather.com Forum Index -> Other Weather Stations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
octavi.fors

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:30 am    Post subject: WXT-510: support of wview with datalogger interface Reply with quote

Hi everybody,

Mark advised me to post my request at this forum:

I'm enrolled in a project of a robotic astronomical observatory. Weather station system there should be able to detect rain and snow from the very begginning (to close the dome rapidly).

While I've been told that RainCap sensor in WXT-510 does this job in case of rain, snow detection would need an additional sensor (and therefore a datalogger) like the Vaisala DRD11A. Unfortunately, current version of wview only supports direct interface with WXT-510, no datalogger.

As a result, I would be interested in having wview able to read WXT-510 through a datalogger. I would be grateful if somebody could invest some time in adding such feature to wview. I can offer either our WXT-510 and datalogger for a quick development or my experience in linux administration and C for remote development if somebody is willing to guide me how to do it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    wviewweather.com Forum Index -> Other Weather Stations All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: