wviewweather.com Forum Index wviewweather.com
wview and Weather Topics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Incorrect WindCHill Charts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    wviewweather.com Forum Index -> Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pata

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:48 pm    Post subject: Incorrect WindCHill Charts Reply with quote

It appears that the wind chill charts that are generated do not reflect what the real wind chill recorded is/was. I recorded a low wind chill for today as 35.9F but the wind chill chart shows about 40F as the lowest wind chill for the day. In fact, it looks almost identical to the outside temp chart. Your own site shows a low wind chill of 29F, but your windchill/heat index chart shows nothing lower than about 32. Why isn't the chart reflecting the true reported wind chill? Note that the buckets show a 'low line' at the correct low wind chill for the day,

Pat
mteel

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because the charts are based on archive file data, and represent averages. On the 24-hour chart, each data point is the average value for one sample (or archive interval). The higher wind chill value on the graph is the average over an archive interval, not the momentary low windchill, reported in the tabular data. The tabular data is "current conditions/extremes" and is not averaged at all.

In other words, working as designed.

Mark
pata

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the explanation Mark. All other features seem to be working fine. (I should have waited one more day to upgrade since now I'm behind again!).

Pat
mteel

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for so many incremental releases, I have been trying to settle it down since all of the 3.0.0/3.1.0 changes. I think we are pretty close with 3.1.3. No more big changes for a good while, I promise Wink Just incrementals to address any issues I introduced (but didn't discover yet).

Mark
Post new topic   Reply to topic    wviewweather.com Forum Index -> Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: