wviewweather.com Forum Index wviewweather.com
wview and Weather Topics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WUDERGROUND-send fails

Post new topic   Reply to topic    wviewweather.com Forum Index -> Weather Underground
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ewanp

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:32 am    Post subject: WUDERGROUND-send fails Reply with quote

I have had Wview running on a slug for a few weeks now. In gerneral all is OK but on a couple of occasions I have had to restart the demons because the wvwinderd has died.

This has happened again this evening when I was undertaking some configuration changes to my router/modem. The following is an extract from /var/log/messages

Code:

Oct  8 17:55:05 (none) user.info wvwunderd[1356]: <685335102> : WUNDERGROUND-send: http://weatherstation.wunderground.com/weatherstation/updateweatherstation.php?ID=XXXXXXX&PASSWORD=YYYYYY&dateutc=2006-10-08+16-0x1.4d55fffffffffp-18550x1.54e4445524752p+37405&winddir=172&windspeedmph=000&windgustmph=003&humCouldn't resolve host 'weatherstation.wunderground.com'
Oct  8 17:55:05 (none) user.alert wvwunderd[1356]: <685335103> : wvwunderd: recv sig 11: bailing out!
Oct  8 17:55:05 (none) user.crit wvwunderd[1356]: <685335104> : wvwunderd: recv sig 6: exiting!

I have wvwunderd running at 5 minute update intervals and this coincided with a reboot of the router. I think that the demon died because it couldn't see the gateway/nameserver when it tried to update Wunderground.

If this is a bug it would be good to get it fixed. In the mean time I will have cron run a script to check if the demons are running and if not restart the system.

All the best
EAP

Ewan Parsons
TheBum

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:30 am    Post subject: Possibly the same issue here Reply with quote

Sad I noticed within the last week or so that every time I go to my data page on the Wunderground site, there is big red text that says "Data Not Available" in place of my weather data. I thought it was just an issue with the Wunderground server. Today, I noticed that my site has dropped completely off the list of weather stations in my city and that other weather stations are providing updates, so I suspect that the Wunderground daemon is dead. I know wview as a whole is still working because my personal web page and my CWOP data are both up-to-date. I plan to restart wview after I get home this evening and start keeping an eye on Wunderground to see when the updates quit again.
TheBum

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:22 pm    Post subject: Apparently my problem was unrelated Reply with quote

I had changed my e-mail address on the Wunderground site but I didn't re-enter the password at that time, which I think messed up the weather data login. I submitted a password "change" (with the same password) and now my weather data is showing up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    wviewweather.com Forum Index -> Weather Underground All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: