Joined: 30 Jun 2005
Location: Collinsville, TX
|Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:46 pm Post subject: Selectable Site Templates
|The idea of selectable/contributable weather site templates has been batted around for some time. I think it is a great idea. But there needs to be a well-defined "base" definition (or template template) and a well-defined way for wview to generate based on them.
- multiple unit sites (switch Imperial/Metric on the fly)
- multiple remote server destinations with separate ftp/rsync configurations
- easy to add your template to the wview supported templates
- think of templates as site skins
- a template definition includes:
> a home page and associated support page templates (HTML/XML/PHP/Perl)
> Imperial/Metric Units indicator
> image files to be generated
> destination for all generated files (local/ftp/rsync)
- wview should support generating multiple templates, but not regenerating duplicate files across templates
- contributing new templates should be straightforward and well-defined
- what type of packaging/storage/distribution model for the templates?