wviewweather.com Forum Index wviewweather.com
wview and Weather Topics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recovering missing data?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    wviewweather.com Forum Index -> Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdg

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:29 pm    Post subject: Recovering missing data? Reply with quote

I had a thunderstorm come through last night with a lot of lightning and it seems to have caused some missing data. The power was off less than a minute and I have backup batteries in the Weather Envoy so no data should have been lost. (I know, I need a UPS for the computer.)

I have a record for 19:05. The computer rebooted at 19:10. At 19:10, I get this message:

Aug 7 19:10:24 localhost wviewd[1135]: <3940988951> : storing record for 2006-08-07 19:50

How did it get a record for 40 minutes into the future? It wasn't until 19:55 that the data started coming in again.

From 19:15 to 20:50, I got repeated:

vproRunState: retrying archive record...

messages.

So what happened here? Did the time get messed up on the Envoy so wview didn't ingest the data between 19:05 and 19:50? Is there a way to see if there is data during that time period and reingest it into the records? (And regenerate the NOAA records for the day?)
bhnb

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi mdg

I have no idea what happened to your the time on your Envoy, but if you really want to see if there's any data for the missing period, I've just tried the following (after doing a backup):
shutdown wview
mv /var/wview/archive /var/wview/archive.safe
mv /var/wview/img /var/wview/img.safe
mkdir /var/wview/archive
mkdir /var/wview/img
Make sure ARCHIVE_BROWSER_FILES_TO_KEEP=2 in htmlgen.conf.
restart wview - as there are no archive/*.wlk files, all data in the datalogger is downloaded to create a new 2006-08.wlk.
Once the download has finished and htmlgend has done its stuff,
shutdown wview
mv /var/wview/archive /var/wview/archive.test
mv /var/wview/img /var/wview/img.test
mv /var/wview/archive.safe /var/wview/archive
mv /var/wview/img.safe /var/wview/img
double-check that directories are correctly named!
restart wview.

If ARCHIVE_BROWSER_FILES_TO_KEEP is set correctly, htmlgend will generate the archive file for yesterday, which you should be able to check to see if there's any valid data.

Hope this makes some sense.

Jon

*EDITED after I pressed 'submit' too early by mistake (doh!)*
mdg

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, that's a great suggestion. I was going to try it, but unless I can get the data back in the original wlk file, then I'm not getting anywhere. (Other than knowing if there is data there or not.)

Oh well. My rain values are .11 off because of it and it was annoying me. That'll teach me not to have a UPS.
mhweather

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you use WeatherLink to read the records ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    wviewweather.com Forum Index -> Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: