wviewweather.com Forum Index wviewweather.com
wview and Weather Topics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lightning Detection

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wmiler

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:45 pm    Post subject: Lightning Detection Reply with quote

I suppose this should prolly go in the section 'Things that should be done in another program', but I'll try here first Smile

I have a Boltek LD-250 detector which I currently have running via Virtual PC on my mac that's also running wview. Since the Boltek basically just streams an ASCII sequence I would think there's some fairly straight forward way to display the info. As a quick trial, I made use of the Generic Mapping Tools (GMT) that could easily display the output from the detector. It's been a long time since I've programmed I/O on any platform tho, so that's about s far as I got. Smile
mteel

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would need one in order to reverse engineer the protocol even if you can come up with a protocol spec. And I would need to know that this is a common device that will be around for some time and others would be interested in using. Otherwise I don't know what to tell you...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    wviewweather.com Forum Index -> Wish List All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: