wviewweather.com Forum Index wviewweather.com
wview and Weather Topics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gentoo Init Scripts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    wviewweather.com Forum Index -> wview Installation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tholmes

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:59 am    Post subject: Gentoo Init Scripts Reply with quote

Does anyone here happen to have an init script for use with gentoo linux? or the proper sequence of commands to make it start from the command line?

I looked at the ones that came with it, none are gentoo, and i am not at all confident in my ability to translate between them

Thanks

TIM
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bhnb

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tim

Have a look at the files in http://www.scorpiocomputing.com/weather/gentoo.tar.gz

To have wview start on bootup do "rc-update add wview default"

Any feedback would be appreciated - I'd never used gentoo before today but I've followed the howto in the gentoo wiki for creating rc files and after a bit of trial and error it seems to start/stop/restart OK.

Mark - if Tim finds this useful maybe it could be another one for the examples directory?

Cheers

Jon

... and thanks to Jay for the gentoo VM: http://www.vmwhere.net/?cat=5
mteel

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good!

Mark
bhnb

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've decided I've gone about the gentoo startup in the wrong way. I'll have another go at it, but in the meantime wview will start up OK under gentoo using the debian script - examples/Debian/wview, though you'll need to change the permissions to make it directly executable.

Jon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    wviewweather.com Forum Index -> wview Installation All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: