wviewweather.com Forum Index wviewweather.com
wview and Weather Topics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CWOP Data Quality Reports

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cw

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 2:35 pm    Post subject: CWOP Data Quality Reports Reply with quote

Have any of you signed up to receive the data quality reports from CWOP. Ocassionally I have temperature data that is stastically inaccurate but most of my barometer readings are. I have tried fine tuning my barometer on the console but regardless of what I do usually at least 50% of my readings are outside of where they should be. Just wondering if anyone else has had this experience.
randy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:23 am    Post subject: You're Not Alone Reply with quote

I too see bad pressure being sent.
All of my other parameters are two MADIS thumbs up but the pressure is bad. I have noticed that the sent value is never what is displayed.

The wunderground data seems to agree with the display. Only the CWOP data is off (maybe delayed?)
randy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:24 pm    Post subject: Cure to Pressure Woes? Reply with quote

OK, I noticed that Mark had not responded to this forum since Feb so I started rooting around in the source. I found that in cwop.c he is using a calculated value for the altimiter pressure. This value does not agree with the Vantage Pro's calculated altimiter pressure. I have not tried to figure out the error in the calculation but I found how to send the VP2's Altimeter pressure.

In the file cwop.c at about line 140 you will find:
length += sprintf (&cwopBuffer[length], "b%5.5d", (int)(10 * wvutilsConvertBPInchesToMillibars((float)notify->altimeter/1000.0)));

change it to:
// length += sprintf (&cwopBuffer[length], "b%5.5d", (int)(10 * wvutilsConvertBPInchesToMillibars((float)notify->barom/1000.0)));

note only the word altimeter changed to barom.

Re compile by changing to the parent dir and running make then "make install"

restart your daemons or reboot your system. Your cwop reported values should now match your display if you have selected mb or hPa for display units.

I will post again once a complete day has gone by and quality reports have caught up.

Randy
CW1840
Post new topic   Reply to topic    wviewweather.com Forum Index -> CWOP All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: