wviewweather.com Forum Index wviewweather.com
wview and Weather Topics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

vpro runstate: retrying archive record

Post new topic   Reply to topic    wviewweather.com Forum Index -> Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tholmes

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:11 pm    Post subject: vpro runstate: retrying archive record Reply with quote

Hi folks -- i have gotten wview running on my gentoo server and uploading data to my webserver and its very cool i was looking at my logs just now and noticed that every 10 seconds, on the wview server, the following messages was posted to /var/log/messages

vpro runstate: retrying archive record.

what is going on here, and more importantly -- what do i do about it - -

the website displays correctly

Thanks

TIM
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
newbush

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:41 pm    Post subject: Re: vpro runstate: retrying archive record Reply with quote

tholmes wrote:
Hi folks -- i have gotten wview running on my gentoo server and uploading data to my webserver and its very cool i was looking at my logs just now and noticed that every 10 seconds, on the wview server, the following messages was posted to /var/log/messages

vpro runstate: retrying archive record.

what is going on here, and more importantly -- what do i do about it - -

the website displays correctly

Thanks

TIM

wviewd is trying to download archives from the receiver, but the archives it's receiving are bogus. The current conditions pages don't use the archives.

About the only thing you can do is clear the memory on the receiver. (on a vpro2, it's wind, then hold down clear if I remember correctly, but you really should check your manual). You might also want to try resetting the console by pulling the power. It's been my experience that using vpconfig to clear the archive works different than using the console to clear the archive.

I got mine working by:

1. Clearing the memory via the console.
2. Putting the console into setup mode
3. Resetting the console.
4. Finishing the console setup.
5. `vpconfig cleararchive`

I don't know why that worked, or whether I needed to do all those things in that order, but I did, and it worked for me.

Now if you can tell me what's wrong with my cwop config (it's in the cwop forum) I'd be ever so greatful.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    wviewweather.com Forum Index -> Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: