wviewweather.com Forum Index wviewweather.com
wview and Weather Topics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

wview install on FC 4 x86_64 no data being generated

Post new topic   Reply to topic    wviewweather.com Forum Index -> wview Installation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cnetterville

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 6:31 pm    Post subject: wview install on FC 4 x86_64 no data being generated Reply with quote

Forgive me...not too bad with Linux but not much of a programmer!! I have successfully compiled and installed wview but when I try to start wview (version 1.7.2) via rc.d I get a segmentation fault line 44 in wview (*.pid does not exist) but if I run wview again it starts succesfully, but it never creates data, no html no upload to Weather Underground. I can succesfully use the VP configurator to show the settings (able to communicate) of the console.

Here is my hardware/OS:
Fedora Core 4 x86_64, USB to Serial adpater to /dev/ttyUSB0

Thanks.... Very Happy
mteel

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first thing you need to do is read the User Manual. In particular the troubleshooting section which shows you how to read the wview log messages and what you should see when it starts up. It also contains a description of the configuration of wview, including where the default location for the generated image and html files is as well as how to change the default.

If, after having read the User Manual and confirming your configuration and your startup messages, you still think you have a problem, post your startup log messages, your wview.conf file and your htmlgen.conf at a minumum. Anything else you think is pertinent like if you are trying to ftp/scp your files or any odd output to the console should be posted as well.

Mark
Post new topic   Reply to topic    wviewweather.com Forum Index -> wview Installation All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: