Joined: 30 Jun 2005
Location: Collinsville, TX
|Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 6:48 am Post subject: wview 2.0.0 Released
|Disposition: Highly Recommended
radlib version required: 2.6.1 or newer
1) Added support for HTML tags soilMoist1, soilMoist2, leafWet1 and leafWet2.
See parameterlist.txt for the exact tag expressions to use in your templates.
2) Added support for computation of the daily high wind direction and a
corresponding new HTML tag dayhighwinddir. Also added displaying a high wind
direction "tick" on the wind dial.
3) Improved the resolution of the HTML tag windDirection from 8 possible values
4) Added new SQL background process which synchronizes the SQL table (if
SQLDB_ENABLE is enabled in wview.conf) to the entire WLK binary database
even if the records were stored before SQL was enabled. By running the SQL
interface in the background as a separate process, it eliminates possible
problems with wviewd VP console timing that could have been introduced by
inserting the SQL records inline from the wviewd process. Uses existing
SQL configuration values in wview.conf. You must install the appropriate new
wview start script for your platform so the new wviewsqld process is started
when SQL archiving is enabled.
5) Added configurability of the Moon Phase text. New parameters were added to
htmlgen.conf and to the wviewconfig script to support using different words
or languages for "Waxing", "Waning" and "Full". Should be configured with
the wviewconfig script.
6) Optimized dial graphics generation by creating a gd dial palette file during
initialization and using that run-time to avoid re-drawing the dial circle
for every image. 25% or better improvement in overall generation times.
7) Addressed a rare scenario which could cause wviewd to not send an archive
notification to wviewd, wvcwopd and wvwunderd when a new archive record is
stored. The VP console was indicating an empty archive page. This would
cause chart data to "fall behind" by an archive interval and CWOP/
Wunderground packets to not be sent every time the scenario occurred.
Archive record storage was not affected.
8- Enhanced the "Precip" dials so that gross and net precipitation are depicted.
Gross is measured rainfall and net is rainfall minus ET. This should clear
up any confusion concerning "rain vs. precip".