wviewweather.com Forum Index wviewweather.com
wview and Weather Topics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

new MacOS user -- w/ Win USB VPro datalogger mostly success

Post new topic   Reply to topic    wviewweather.com Forum Index -> wview Installation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rmshelby

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:43 pm    Post subject: new MacOS user -- w/ Win USB VPro datalogger mostly success Reply with quote

Hello, I've just installed wview for my Davis VPro2 on osx 10.4.3. I read the quick-start that there is no driver for the CP2100 in the Windows USB datalogger, but that's the hardware I had. I managed to find a driver on the Silicon Labs web site:

https://www.mysilabs.com/tgwWebApp/public/web_content/products/Microcontrollers/USB/en/mcu_vcp.htm

This driver creates /dev/tty.SLAB_USBtoUART when the VPro2 console is plugged in.
I've been up and running for a week or so with no communications problems.

I have one problem with wview failing after suspend/resume:
Wviewd, htmlgend and wviewftpd all start fine on bootup, but when the Mac is put to sleep and later wakes up, wviewd is still running, but it fails to download new data records. Stopping and starting wview fixes it. Nothing untoward appears in /var/log/System.log, but not much seems to be logged there, compared to the example in the userguide. Is there someplace else to look for messages under Mac OSX?

Thanks for a great piece of software. I've barely begun to play with the possibilities.
Bob
Post new topic   Reply to topic    wviewweather.com Forum Index -> wview Installation All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: