wviewweather.com Forum Index wviewweather.com
wview and Weather Topics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

removing a bogus record

Post new topic   Reply to topic    wviewweather.com Forum Index -> Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chrisale

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:47 am    Post subject: removing a bogus record Reply with quote

I have a single record in my archives here that shows the Barometer at 0

I haven't been in space, lately (though my head is often there by itself)... so I'd really like to either modify the record, or delete it, so that I don't have this one bogus value screwing up my pretty graphs!

Is there any way I can change or remove that record? I've found it in the .txt files... (Nov 12, one single click). But I think you're going to tell me that all the graphs and calculations are based on the raw WLK files... which means I'm SOL?

Thanks!

Chris
mteel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, they are. Unless you are very comfortable editing binary files, I don't have an answer for you. mhweather uses WL to edit his WLK files ...

How did it get corrupted anyway?
mhweather

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can install the Linux WINE windows "emulation" software and install/run Davis' WeatherLink software and edit the bad record. As mteel said, I do this to fix my records.
chrisale

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"How did it get corrupted anyway?"

Not really sure. I think it might correlate with when I was adjusting the elevation... but i would have thought it would have corrupted more than just one record.

Oh well. I'll install WL on my Windows box and edit the file there.

thanks!

chris
Post new topic   Reply to topic    wviewweather.com Forum Index -> Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: