wviewweather.com Forum Index wviewweather.com
wview and Weather Topics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ftp upload partly fails and current data is missing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    wviewweather.com Forum Index -> Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sly

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:22 pm    Post subject: ftp upload partly fails and current data is missing Reply with quote

hi all! we spent a couple of hours installing wview on a NSLU device... so far so good... but now we stumbled over "non-NSLU"/general issues:

- wviewftpd daemon problem:
the wviewftpd daemon is trying to upload the generated content of "/var/wview/img" but unfortunately there's the error-message "No such file or directory" appearing in the log-file (for each file within the directory)... the files were prepared by the html generator daemon and can be uploaded manally without any troubles.... why does the wviewftpd deamon fail?

- the values and generated charts of the latest 24h are missing:
all values of the "current conditions" are completly wrong (all temp related values are set to -17.8°C and the others are set to 0) and the part of the latest 24h is missing in every chart while the older data (older than 24h) is shown and seems to be correct.... where is the data of the latest 24h?

I'm looking forward to any hints Wink
thanks, sly
bhnb

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi sly

Are you using the tnftp client as specified in the wview manual?

For the other problem, I've also had this a couple of times on startup but it is usually fixed by a restart, and the bad values haven't been stored permanently.

Jon
sly

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

me again!

I could fix the problem in the meantime by running "vpinstall" a 2nd time... Wink

thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    wviewweather.com Forum Index -> Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: