wviewweather.com Forum Index wviewweather.com
wview and Weather Topics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

wview on NSLU2 with unslung

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stuartofmt

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 1:32 pm    Post subject: wview on NSLU2 with unslung Reply with quote

Will the current package for wview on openslug work with an unslung NSLU2?

If not what is the recommended approach?

Thanks
bhnb

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've reflashed a slug with unslung 6.8 and got the wview simulator running without needing to rebuild anything (i.e. using only available packages), so the short answer is yes.

However because wview and some of its dependencies (and some of their dependencies) aren't in the unslung feeds they needed to be downloaded and installed manually, plus there were a couple of issues with libraries and their locations.

The whole thing took maybe half an hour which included finding and downloading missing packages, so it's not like a major task or anything.

It may be also be worth noting that files get installed into /usr, /var and /etc and that this goes against the unslung packaging rule that all extra software must go into /opt. If you make the decision that you're always going to run with an external disk (or flash or whatever) then this should be workable, though I know very little about unslung and could be totally wrong...

Jon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    wviewweather.com Forum Index -> Wish List All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: