wviewweather.com Forum Index wviewweather.com
wview and Weather Topics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NOAA reports

Post new topic   Reply to topic    wviewweather.com Forum Index -> wview Installation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NorwegianWould

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:57 am    Post subject: NOAA reports Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

My Davis station has been up for a couple of weeks or so now. Previously I have been running a dallas-semiconductor 1-wire system, but my current 'project' is to install a weather station at a remote location and download data intermittently. The Davis station is the only one that I have found with a data logger as part of the hardware - there may be others, but my main motivation for getting the Davis was because of this.

My first question for the forum is is there any reason why the NOAA reports are only generated when not in metric mode?

Jeremy
http://neshamn.no/WeatherStation-VH87/
mteel

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because NOAA is a US organization...

These reports were/are apparently sometimes submitted to NOAA via Weatherlink thus the strict text formatting.

When I implemented metric conversions I did not modify the NOAA generation code to generate metric text files because I did not think anyone outside the US would care about them.

Currently, the Almanac page provides most of that information, just not by month...

Mark
jensjk

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But if NOAA reports are not generated in metric mode, then why are there links to them - leading to non-existen pages? Of course, these links can be removed by editing - but it would be better to have the reports -

jensjk.dk
Hrouda Peter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:57 am    Post subject: NOAA Report Metric Reply with quote

Hello,

I move from Whetherlink (Davis) to wview.
May Setting is Metric.
I would like to have the NOAA Reports in Metric ! for my own

Is this possible to get ?
Peter
Post new topic   Reply to topic    wviewweather.com Forum Index -> wview Installation All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: