wviewweather.com Forum Index wviewweather.com
wview and Weather Topics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pre-wview 1.8.2 Issues on 10/30/2005

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    wviewweather.com Forum Index -> DST Changes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mteel

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:21 am    Post subject: Pre-wview 1.8.2 Issues on 10/30/2005 Reply with quote

Since I was running version 1.8.2 at the time of the DST change, I can only observe what appears to have happened on some of the installed systems that I am aware of. The main point to remember is that prior to 1.8.2, the VP console managed DST and the changes in it based on VP console settings...

1) Some older versions just skipped the hour from 2AM to 3AM (based on archive records received apparently) but otherwise experienced no problems.

2) Other versions had the same problems as the 1.8.2 version did with the VP console reporting a new archive record every polling interval (normally 15 seconds) - see the 1.8.2 topic for more details.

I need anyone who had problems to post their wview log messages starting at 1:55 AM and for about an hour or so following the DST change so I can try to see if there are any problems there that aren't addressed by 1.8.2 or the upcoming fixes for the 1.8.2 problems. Please start a new topic for each wview site reporting.

Mark
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    wviewweather.com Forum Index -> DST Changes All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: