wviewweather.com Forum Index wviewweather.com
wview and Weather Topics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AWEKAS Data submission

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chrisale

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:14 pm    Post subject: AWEKAS Data submission Reply with quote

I just discovered a cool website called "AWEKAS" or.. Automatic Weather Map System.

It's a website out of Europe but it tracks weather stations using some nice mapping around the world.

It looks like wview is compatible "out of the box" it would just be a matter of adding in their .htx file which they link to and use to update weather conditions.

They're expecting data in metric so you will have to use different .htx files depending on weather wview is set to metric or US but that's straight forward.

Their instructions for setting up with WeatherLink is here.. it includes the needed files.

http://www.awekas.at/forum/viewtopic.php?t=69

Cool stuff!

P.S. Unfortunately, my hacks to the metric converters in wview means that i'm not sending correct information to these guys because they use the .htx rather than raw WL files... DOH! foiled again.
chrisale

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm figuring it out here..

they actually do gather their data in MM not CM... so I've modified the wvutils.c file to convert to millimeters.

Other than that.. it's almost exactly like the weatherlink file... the only thing I haven't got to work yet is the BARTREND (is there a seperate tag for bartrend already in wview?) and the date format... it's expecting DD/MM/YYYY which is perfectly backwards from what wview is sending. Smile

Here's the awekas file I'm using.

Code:

<br>
<!--outsideTemp--><br>
<!--outsideHumidity--><br>
<!--barometer--><br>
<!--dailyRain--><br>
<!--windSpeed--><br>
<!--windDirection--><br>   
<!--stationTime--><br>
<!--stationDate--><br>
<!--bartrend--><br>
miles=0<br>
fahrenheit=0<br>
inch=0<br>
usdateformat=0<br>
raininch=0<br>
windknots=0<br>
chrisale

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With some help from the AWEKAS people, wview is now compatible with AWEKAS and vice versa.

I'll post a new topic so that people see it better.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    wviewweather.com Forum Index -> Wish List All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: