wviewweather.com Forum Index wviewweather.com
wview and Weather Topics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NOAA text file folder

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chrisale

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:42 pm    Post subject: NOAA text file folder Reply with quote

Hi yall... I only have one minor wish left, after all the metric goodness that has been put in lately. (thank you again for that!)

The NOAA text files...

It would be very nice to have them put into their own directory under "img" simply to clean up the folder. Every day, I have to scroll further and further past all the ARC records before getting to my actual web files... I can't imagine, 12 months from now... having to scroll through 300+ files just to get to the 20 or so actual web files in the directory.

img/noaa would be a nice structure.

Thank you for that.

Chris
mteel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, the ARC-2006-* files are not NOAA files at all - rather the archive record browser files. Turn them off or limit them to 30 days (or 5 or whatever) - then you won't have to scroll through them ( boo-hoo Wink ).

Second, we'll see... this is uber-low-priority.

Third, there are many more than 20 "web" files - all the image (*.png) files are in there too...

Mark
chrisale

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes sorry, web archive files in NOAA format or whatever, you know what I meant Smile

If I only wanted 30 days (or 5) of text data available to visitors then I wouldn't have set it to "unlimited". Wink Maybe I'll just setup a cronjob to move them into their own folder... (another nice reason for doing this, is the ability to enable "browsing/directory listing" for that folder... so that people can simply browse through the entire archive and select the file they would like).

Quote:
there are many more than 20 "web" files - all the image (*.png) files are in there too...

heheheh... then I guess you wouldn't be impressed with me wanting to move those images into their own subfolder as well. Wink

"Web" file.. to me... have "htm", "xml" and "html" extensions.

Anything else should, in my humble opinion, be in a subfolder. It just makes things a little more organized, and easier to manage.

What can I say, I'm a web purist, and PITA Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    wviewweather.com Forum Index -> Wish List All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: