wviewweather.com Forum Index wviewweather.com
wview and Weather Topics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

mysql client not installed?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    wviewweather.com Forum Index -> Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jensjk

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:45 am    Post subject: mysql client not installed? Reply with quote

When adding mySQL and trying to configure it, the client is - according to the manual - not installed, ie libmysqlclient.a and mysql.h are not there (11.1a.4).
But I DID install the client on my Mandriva 2006 system. I tried to google the subject and ask some LUG, but so far no answer. Suggestion?
bhnb

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you installed the -devel package for the version of mySQL you're using? For example libmysql14-devel?
jensjk

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you again for helping me out once more - this did it.

So, now I would like to get help on some scripting (posted this request before), so I can calibrate my wind reading - and possibly convert kph to meters per second (m/s). Are you willing to help an eager newbie in Greenland once more?
bhnb

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have a go. Please could you explain exactly what is required?
jensjk

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds really good! Well, 1) my wind readings should be about 50% higher than the raw data says - ie, some way of multiplying by 1.5 before graphs and tables are generated 2) I would like my wind readouts to be in m/s instead of kph - this then means reducing by dividing by 3.6.
3) my anemometer is 180 deg offset. I could climb to the roof and adjust it - but here in Greenland, it is quite difficult - we have had a load of snow the last days - it would be easier (for me) to enable the software to do it.

- of course, some general way to adjust the readings of Vantage, before they are calculated upon and turned into pngs would be the optimal thing to have -

Looking forward to continue working with wview -
Post new topic   Reply to topic    wviewweather.com Forum Index -> Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: