wviewweather.com Forum Index wviewweather.com
wview and Weather Topics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

htmlErrorState: received stimulus 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    wviewweather.com Forum Index -> Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kusznir

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:19 am    Post subject: htmlErrorState: received stimulus 2 Reply with quote

Hi:

I tried to use some of the other templates for web page generation. I moved the index.htx to another filename, then tried to ln -s one of the other templates to index.htx. After doing so, I got no further web page generation.

So I moved the origional one back (i.e., restoring everything back to the "origional working environment", and now I get"htmlErrorState: received stimulus 2" every time it shoudl be generating pages.

I've tried restarting htmlgend and all 3 daemons I use, with no changes.

What exactly does "htmlErrorState: received stimulus 2" mean and how do I correct it???

Thanks!
--Jim
mteel

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It means there was an earlier error encountered by htmlgend and it has moved to the error state, never to return! Find the earlier error in your log file - that is what you need to correct. My guess would be a file permissions problem since you have been messing with the templates - htmlgend will error out if it can't open a template file.

Make sure you are using the ln command properly - it may be easier to just copy the template file you want to try to "index.htx". Make sure it is readable by all, i.e. "chmod +r index.htx".

Mark
kusznir

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:35 am    Post subject: htmlgend error Reply with quote

Well, It was spewing out this once, but it seemed equally cryptic, and it only happened once in the beginning:

Sep 19 00:42:20 nexus htmlgend[24908]: <1834308602> : noaaGenerateInit: noaa.dat getLast error!
Sep 19 00:42:20 nexus htmlgend[24908]: <1834308607> : noaaGenerateInit failed!

This file exists with 666 perms:

root@nexus kusznir # ls -l /var/wview/noaa/
total 24
-rw-rw-rw- 1 root root 22213 Sep 19 00:00 noaa.dat
root@nexus kusznir #

I didn't mess with any noaa stuff. All permissions for all files in /etc/wview inclue world read bits. Some of the html templates are set executable by root.

Any suggestions as to this error?

Thanks!

By the way, this is a wonderful project; beter than I ever expected to find!!
mteel

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Delete the noaa.dat file - it will be regenerated when you restart wview. Looks like it got corrupted.

Just do the following in /etc/wview/html (as root):

chmod 644 *.htx

Mark
Post new topic   Reply to topic    wviewweather.com Forum Index -> Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: