wviewweather.com Forum Index wviewweather.com
wview and Weather Topics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

does support from wunderground exist?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    wviewweather.com Forum Index -> Weather Underground
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cw

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:56 am    Post subject: does support from wunderground exist? Reply with quote

For some reason the lat and lon that I enter in the my station page of wuderground is corrupted. I entered the correct data but the site moves the decimal point 2 places to the right. The data is so bogus that I get an error when I try to locate my station in MSN maps. When I try to change the data on the in the fields on the web page and then click the update my station button a message comes back stating that there was nothing to update. I have sent an email message to the mythical shaun@wunderground.com and used the help email method as well with no reply. This has been going on for weeks.

With a bogus lat and lon my station never shows up as a station in the area when one does a city search. If no one will ever find my station in wnderground there is no reason to continue to send data there. Before I stop sending the data I thought I check to see if anyone here has ever been able to get someone at wunderground to reply to an email. Does anyone know of a way to get anyone at wunderground to reply to anything.
mteel

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yes, the mythical shaun Wink

He does exist, but it took me a month just to get 3 emails back and forth with him when I was implementing the wunderground interface...

I do recall that the format for the lat and long on wunderground was different from that on the CWOP site - it is decimal format as I'm sure you know. Maybe try entering ".30833" instead of "30.833" and see if it will work.

In other words, dork with it - you will have success faster that way than waiting for a support response. I had to use trial and error to get the interface working - I never did get a straight answer - even from the Weather Display developer.

Sorry I don't have any better news,
Mark
cw

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 4:39 am    Post subject: Edit Station Fixed Reply with quote

I guess Shaun reads his email even if he never replies. I went back to the my stations page to try to figure out a way to edit my lon and lat and things worked the way one would expect them to. My station is now listed correctly and 24 hours later when I search for my city my station is one of the stations in the area.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    wviewweather.com Forum Index -> Weather Underground All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: