wviewweather.com Forum Index wviewweather.com
wview and Weather Topics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Corrupt archive data...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    wviewweather.com Forum Index -> Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jwatts

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:12 am    Post subject: Corrupt archive data... Reply with quote

I've been banging my head on the wall for a while now trying to figure how I'm getting impossible readings like -3178.1F...

I'm using the Vantage Pro2 Wireless with Serial Weatherlink. System is AMD Athlon 2800+ running FreeBSD 5.4-RELEASE, and I'm using the built-in serial port.

I've tried clearing the archive data on the VP console with no luck.

Here's what htmlgend shows occasionally (even after clearing the archives):
Code:
Apr 13 11:00:04 vpro2 htmlgend[1260]: <2479103903> : processNewArchiveRecord: RX date 20240326 28:99 does NOT match computed date 20060413 11:00 - ignoring record...
Apr 13 11:00:04 vpro2 htmlgend[1260]: <2479103903> : processNewArchiveRecord: RX date 20260526 59:50 does NOT match computed date 20060413 11:00 - ignoring record...
Apr 13 11:01:21 vpro2 htmlgend[1260]: <2479180693> : processNewArchiveRecord: RX date 20431308 628:66 does NOT match computed date 20060413 11:00 - ignoring record...

Before I started using wview I was running the windows WL software and everything was fine (so far as I could tell anyways...)

Anyone think this could be a problem of a faulty WL or console?

-- Edit --

Oh, and here's the archive files that appear after a few minutes ( /var/wview/archive/* ):
http://www.microdaq.com/josh/temp/archive.zip (~2kb)

-- Edit 2 --

And another "fun" value I hadn't noticed previously.. and no it hasn't rained for a few days Wink

mteel

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I have the same setup as you for my system other than my console is *wired*, not wireless.

In /etc/wview/wview.conf:
STATION_INTERFACE=serial
STATION_DEV=/dev/cuaa0

Have you tried doing a complete RESET on the VP console right after clearing the archive data? I forget how that works but it is in the User Manual under configuring the VP.

Does vpconfig work properly? Even if it does, the archive record (which is a binary transfer) can still be boluxed up if the serial interface is not quite right.

Let us know how it goes.

Mark
newbush

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been seeing something very similar. Only in my case only the first archive is corrupted, and all subsequent packets are just too mangled to even download. I got mine working just now. I don't know how long it will work, but this is what I think I did to get it working:

clear archives from console
reset console (take batteries out, and unplug)
setup console from console
vpinstall
vpconsole /dev/ttyUSB0 show
vpconsole /dev/ttyUSB0 cleararchive
/etc/init.d/wview start

If my wview breaks during the night, I'll let you know. But it's gotten two consecutive archives successfully, which is one more than it ever got before. *cross-fingers*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    wviewweather.com Forum Index -> Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: