wviewweather.com Forum Index wviewweather.com
wview and Weather Topics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need to fix NOAA data generation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    wviewweather.com Forum Index -> Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdg

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:45 am    Post subject: Need to fix NOAA data generation Reply with quote

I have a bit of a problem with my initial data being in the wrong year.

I have my data logger in a Weather Envoy set up January 2006 for the first time. I couldn't initally set the date from the default of 2005 because it has no console to do so. wview synced the date to it, but because of the initial 2005 date and data captured during that time, the NOAA tables for January are generating under the NOAA-2005-01.txt name, though the data is from 2006.

An initial NOAA-2005.txt was created, but it does not have any weather data. The NOAA-2006.txt has good data in it.

Is there a way to fix it so the NOAA-2006-01.txt file is created/generated? Do I need to edit the WLK file? I haven't submitted my data to CWOP for that reason.
mteel

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOAA report file generation has nothing to do with CWOP, if your current readings are good and chart data is good, you should be fine for CWOP.

My suggestion is to stop wview, reset the VP archive memory (using vpconfig), delete /var/wview/archive/* (all files), then restart wview. This will give you a clean start.

The User Manual goes into all of this in great detail.

Good Luck!
Mark
Post new topic   Reply to topic    wviewweather.com Forum Index -> Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: