wviewweather.com Forum Index wviewweather.com
wview and Weather Topics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bad wind data on SLUG?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    wviewweather.com Forum Index -> Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chrisale

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:58 am    Post subject: Bad wind data on SLUG? Reply with quote

Hi all. Long time no forum. Smile

I've had two instances since I switched to the SLUG where the weather station has reported bogus wind speeds (140kph and 180kph)... I thought at first that it was the "cup size" setting on the station... but it has now happened with both the large and small cup size.

Is anyone else having this problem? Any ideas on how I can troubleshoot it? I am in the process of triple-checking the cup size setting on my vantage pro station... are there any other settings on there that affect windspeed?

ANd last question.. which I've been meaning to ask for awhile...

Is there any way to remove certain data points from the vantage archives? I would rather have no data for a specific point, than bad data, just to preserve the integrity of the averages and such.

Thanks!

Chris
bhnb

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Chris

Is there anything untoward in your syslog around the time of the bad data? Also, is your VP wired or wireless?

And to answer your other question, have a look at this! http://www.wviewweather.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=76 (bear in mind endianness this time....)

Jon
chrisale

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the VP is wired... and the syslong seems fine.LOL... i don't even remember asking that!

lol
bhnb

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is your old system still available? I'd be tempted to temporarily plug the VP into that and see what data gets downloaded/generated. This would at least confirm confirm or remove the query over the slug.
bhnb

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you do the above suggestion, make sure the time on your old system is the same as the time on the new one!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    wviewweather.com Forum Index -> Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: