wviewweather.com Forum Index wviewweather.com
wview and Weather Topics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rainfall Rate Missing for New Station

Post new topic   Reply to topic    wviewweather.com Forum Index -> Weather Underground
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bmcclinton

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:07 am    Post subject: Rainfall Rate Missing for New Station Reply with quote

I've been feeding data to WUnderground for about 7 hours. Everything looks good, except the rainfall rate.is zero, or missing for the period. I sniffed the traffic to WUnderground, and the RAININ keyword has 0.00 during all intervals. The WVIEW generated graphs for the same period show rain. I'm not seeing any errors in /var/log/messages.

I'm running WView 3.0.0 on Open SuSE 10 with a Vantage Pro2 station.

Anybody seen this problem?

Thank you.

Bruce
NorwegianWould

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Rainfall Rate Missing for New Station Reply with quote

bmcclinton wrote:
I've been feeding data to WUnderground for about 7 hours. Everything looks good, except the rainfall rate.is zero, or missing for the period. I sniffed the traffic to WUnderground, and the RAININ keyword has 0.00 during all intervals. The WVIEW generated graphs for the same period show rain. I'm not seeing any errors in /var/log/messages.

I'm running WView 3.0.0 on Open SuSE 10 with a Vantage Pro2 station.

Anybody seen this problem?

Thank you.

Bruce

Seems to be zero rain for me on wund today too and there was rainfall logged on my station.

http://neshamn.no/vh-weather/last24h
http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=I90578764

Jeremy
bmcclinton

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you had a problem like that before? Because I don't think its on WU's end. Looks to me like WView is sending the wrong number.
mteel

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a bug I introduced with the station abstraction in the 3.0.0 release. It's fixed in pre-release version 3.1.0p36 on the wvieweather.com site as "Latest Stable" - my rain yesterday was not reported to CWOP or Wunderground either.

Thanks for identifying it and let me know if that works,
Mark
bmcclinton

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good Mark. Unfortunately I won't be able to upgrade till the weekend. I will let you know the result.

Bruce
Post new topic   Reply to topic    wviewweather.com Forum Index -> Weather Underground All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: