wviewweather.com Forum Index wviewweather.com
wview and Weather Topics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CWOP temperature truncation?

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:20 am    Post subject: CWOP temperature truncation? Reply with quote

Not 100% sure if this is wview or the CWOP system but it appears that fractional temperature values are simply being truncated rather than rounded when input to CWOP.

For example, if my system is reporting that the temperature is 22.8F, CWOP will record it as being 22F, not 23F as is shown on my Vantage console. Meanwhile wview will upload 22.8F to Weather Underground and record 22.8F in my Postgres database.

greg
mteel

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWOP wants temperatures in whole numbers, but I was truncating instead of rounding. I have just changed that. Also, I was interpreting negative temperatures from the wviewd daemon as "no value" instead of negative temperatures. I have fixed that as well.

Thanks for pointing this out, it will be in the 1.8.6 release this weekend.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    wviewweather.com Forum Index -> CWOP All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: